Alberto Haber, LMHC
Alberto H. Haber, LMHC, is the Director and founder of the Institute. He has over thirty years of experience in providing individual, couple, and group therapy.
At The Bal Harbour Institute, we work with you to fully understand the issues that you want to work with, and to develop a treatment strategy that addresses the problem in the most effective way possible.
Each provider is skilled in various kind of treatment, and each work with a range of different populations.
Extensive experience in the areas of counseling, mental health and human development with broad training in psychology, psychotherapy, and group dynamics. In addition, considerable experience in supervision, staff development, and providing individual, group, couple and family therapy to geriatric, adult and adolescent populations within institutional and private practice environment.
With over thirty years of experience in a practice focusing primarily on personal issues and improving relationships, I provide individual, couple counseling as well as family therapy and treatment for depression, anxiety, career goals and workplace conflicts, grief and parent-child vincular difficulties, LGBT identity development, self-acceptance and adjustment process,all in a comfortable therapeutic setting.
Respectful and sensitive to cultural differences, I have experienced living and practicing in South America and Europe.
Taking the first step toward getting help is often the most difficult, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail me with your concern.
Many of my patients have reported increased self-awareness, insight, improved self-esteem and enjoyment out of life.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor.
- Qualified Supervisor for registered interns in the state of Florida.
- Extensive Individual, group and family therapy experience with geriatric, adult, adolescent and children populations.
- Proven accomplishments in the areas of counseling, mental health and human development.
- Institutional supervision, staff development and training expertise.
- Strong interviewing, testing and assessment, treatment planning and program development abilities.
- Strong communications, interpersonal, organizational, and problems solving skills.
- Able to perform in demanding environments and meet dead lines.
Languages: bilingual English and Spanish